Calendar of Events for Historic Downtown Cambridge, MD
DECEMBER 8, 2012 - OLD-FASHIONED CHRISTMAS...SHORE STYLE
Ever feel like the holiday season is missing a little of that “magic” from holidays past? That will not be the case this year if you head to downtown Cambridge on Saturday, December 8 for “An Old Fashioned Christmas...Shore Style!”
From 5pm-9pm, the 500 block of Poplar Street will be closed to traffic for the festivities, which will include horse drawn carriage rides, holiday music, Santa Claus, and fireside marshmallow roasting on the streets.
Our downtown shops will be offering holiday specials and restaurants will be serving holiday food and spirits for all ages.
Highlights of the evening:
• The Christmas Garden of Trains presented by the Rescue Fire Company will be open until 9 pm at the old firehouse on Gay Street.
• Carriage Rides will be offered beginning at Simmons Center Market (600 Race Street) and continuing downtown, starting at 5pm.
• Visits with Santa, 5-7pm, at Sunnyside Shop (500 Poplar Street).
• S’mores kits will be available and marshmallows can be roasted on fire drums supervised by firefighters on Poplar Street.
• Moon bounce for the kids (donated by Absolute Moon Bounce).
• Live holiday music with Bobby Reed and James Laverty.
• Downtown restaurants will be serving tasty food and beverage selections out on the sidewalks.
• Downtown shops will be offering holiday specials with sales, free refreshments, and more.
• Take the Holiday Art Walk. Galleries will be featuring smaller pieces that are wonderful for truly one-of-a-kind gifts.
• See gingerbread houses on display at the Dorchester Center for the Arts (through Dec. 15).
All of the downtown shops and art galleries will be open until 9pm. This is a fantastic opportunity to find unique gifts for your loved ones at the independently owned and operated shops and galleries in downtown Cambridge.